Organization: Jan Jagaran Youth Club (JJYC) Bara
Jan Jagaran Youth Club (JJYC) Bara is non-governmental, not-profit making, independent organization working in five district of Nepal. Currently JJYC Bara is implementing SLVC Phase II project in the support of Heifer International Nepal in Bara, Sarlahi and Mahottari District of Nepal. Now we are seeking for candidates who want to embrace new ways of working, take on multiple tasks, be a team player, and deliver sustainable results to market chain and linkage development. We are looking for qualified and competent candidates for following positions.
Position Title: Project Coordinator
No. of Vacancy: 1
Location: Bardibas Mahottari
No. of Vacancies: 01
Duty Station: Bardibas Mahottari
Working Area: Bara, Sarlahi and Mahottari district.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Science and relevant with minimum five years of work experience of related field
Project Coordinator is responsible for effective and efficient implementation, monitoring and supervision of planned activities to achieve targeted goal of the SLVC-2 project. She/he is also liable to ensure quality of inputs, coordination with local stakeholders and enhance downward accountability of the project. She/he will closely work under the supervision of Program Officer- Strengthening Smallholder Farmers Organization Program Officer (SSFO) of HPIN.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Prepare annual Project Implementation Plan (PIP), cash flow and quarterly and monthly work plan
• Prepare periodic and specific progress reports in recommended format or platform and submit to HPIN in consultation with concerned program/project officer
• Coordinate for benchmarking project targets and review the project result annually
• Organize monthly staff meeting to review the progress, prepare monthly action plan and assist to manage issues arising during the project implementation phase
• Form Project Monitoring and Coordination Committee (PMCC) in each working area of the project at local government level for effective and efficient implementation of the project activities and to seek local resource leverage
• Regularly organize various level interaction workshops, seminars, trainings and meetings with different local government bodies and project stakeholders (PMCCs, cooperatives, Value Chain (VC) actors, Insurance Companies, Bank and Micro Finance Institutions (B/MFIs), Market, Planners, policy makers and securities)
• Explore VC Actors and access to finance (B/MFIs) to connect them with Cooperatives for establishment of effective business development services through cooperative (inputs, animal insurance, access to finance, market, etc.)
• Facilitate various cooperative level capacity building trainings such as Cornerstones, cooperative financial management, Cooperative Management, Cooperative Capacity Assessment (Co-CAT), Business Plan Development and Link Methodology
• Support to project staff to form Group Leader Network Committee (GLNC) in each project areas to establish strong coordination mechanism between cooperative and it share members
• Coordinate and manage different project related committees (PMCCs, Project stakeholders, GLNCs, Cooperatives, household level enterprises, and Meat/Milk entrepreneurs
• Organize regular meeting and exposure visit to PMCCs and VC actors to understand Heifer working approach, modality and LRL mobilization
• Provide technical support, coaching and guidance to the project staffs (Cooperative Capacity Building Facilitators) for efficient, consistent and effective implementation of project activities
• Establish good coordination, network and linkage with local government bodies and project stakeholders for effective implementation of project
• Coordinate local government and other authorities for Local Resources Leverage as targeted in the project document;
• Support to Project Staffs and Cooperative Board members to channelize CAVE, Technicians and Private Veterinarians through Cooperative for effective technical services to its members
• Supervise, monitor and evaluate of the project activities performed by staffs, CAVEs and GLNCs
• Prepare buyers profile at project cluster level/Districts level
• Support to Cooperative Board Members (CBM) to prepare, review relevant policies, plans, progress report/publications
• Document project highlights, best practices, case studies, story and lessons learned during the implementation of project
• Carry out any other jobs and responsibilities as assigned by Heifer’s Program Officer and Program Manager
Last date to apply: 18 Sept 2018
HOW TO APPLY
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to send their CV and Covering Letter [email protected] by 18 Sept 2018 5:00 PM or can submit JJYC Bara Office Kalaiya-2 Monitbag Bara contact 053551513
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for further selection process.
JJYC Bara reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any caseJJYC Bara accepts Nepalese citizens only and encourage women, people of ethnic minorities and Dalits to apply.