Organization: Strengthening Systems for Better Health
Strengthening Systems for Better Health (SSBH) is a 5-year project aimed at improving health outcomes in Nepal, particularly for the most marginalized and disadvantaged groups in the country. This will be accomplished through supporting the Government of Nepal’s eorts to expand access to and use of quality maternal, newborn and child health and family planning services, with a specific focus on newborn care. Strengthening Systems for Better Health was initiated in January 2018 and will achieve three outcomes:
(i) improving access to and utilization of equitable healthcare services,
(ii) improving the quality of health services at facility and community levels and
(iii) improving health system governance, within the context of decentralization and federalism.
The Activity is implemented in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Population, the Ministry of Federal Aairs and General Administration at federal level, provincial and municipal governments, facility and community level health service providers and other key stakeholders. Project technical sta will engage at national, provincial and municipal levels in the target geographic areas of Karnali Province and Banke, Bardiya and Dang of Province 5. The project is implemented collaboratively by Abt Associates, Save the Children, Karnali Academy of Health Sciences (KAHS) and Management Support Services (MASS).
Position Title: Finance Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 1
Location: Surkhet, Nepal
Division: International Health (IHD)
Contract: Strengthening Systems for Better Health
Supervisor: Finance and Administration Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review the advance settlement and payments documents to ensure that the documents are in compliance with company rules and regulations.
• Monitor periodically the advances and settlements.
• Write check books for payment to staff and vendors.
• Perform all the roles and responsibilities of Finance Officer in his/her absence.
• Collect the Bank statement timely from the bank; transfer the advance amount to staff in their respective districts in a timely manner.
• Perform monthly reconciliation of VAT and submit the original invoices to Kathmandu office for VAT refund.
• Assist Finance and Admin Officer in preparing the monthly report to Kathmandu Office.
• Ensure that all the payments documents are defaced with the PAID stamp and the receipts from the vendors are attached with the documents.
• Assist district program team in the disbursement of DSA and other payments to the participants and vendors.
• Visit Districts to collect final documents for advance settlement as and when necessary.
• Ensures the smooth, efficient and accurate accounting operations of the office so that the project activities can be financed efficiently and timely fashion to maximize the impact of the project.
• Prepares bank reconciliation statements.
• Maintains local accounts on the Quicken computerized accounting system; enters and codes all transactions in Quickens.
• Initiates all checks and other payments to vendors.
• Estimates monthly cash needs and prepares the request.
• Identifies potential accounting discrepancies and works with the F&A Officer to effectively research, track and resolve these issues.
• Assist F&A Officer monitoring project budget to ensure project expenditures versus milestones and reimbursements.
• Ensure timely settlement of office bills.
• Conducts other general accounting duties, as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Financial Management or Business Studies.
• At least 2+ years of relevant professional experience in Finance Management.
• Excellent knowledge and experience with Financial Software ,Windows, Word and Excel PowerPoint
• Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
• Respectful and tolerant; able to work well in a diverse team
• Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
• Preference will be given to localite or individual previously worked in same job location.
• Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
• Experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience is preferred.
Last date to apply: 22 September 2018
HOW TO APPLY
This job announcement was published in Kantipur Dainik on 12 September 2018