Organization: Strengthening Systems for Better Health
Strengthening Systems for Better Health (SSBH) is a 5-year project aimed at improving health outcomes in Nepal, particularly for the most marginalized and disadvantaged groups in the country. This will be accomplished through supporting the Government of Nepal’s eorts to expand access to and use of quality maternal, newborn and child health and family planning services, with a specific focus on newborn care. Strengthening Systems for Better Health was initiated in January 2018 and will achieve three outcomes:
(i) improving access to and utilization of equitable healthcare services,
(ii) improving the quality of health services at facility and community levels and
(iii) improving health system governance, within the context of decentralization and federalism.
The Activity is implemented in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Population, the Ministry of Federal Aairs and General Administration at federal level, provincial and municipal governments, facility and community level health service providers and other key stakeholders. Project technical sta will engage at national, provincial and municipal levels in the target geographic areas of Karnali Province and Banke, Bardiya and Dang of Province 5. The project is implemented collaboratively by Abt Associates, Save the Children, Karnali Academy of Health Sciences (KAHS) and Management Support Services (MASS).
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 1
Location: Surkhet, Nepal
Division: International Health (IHD)
Contract: Strengthening Systems for Better Health
Supervisor: Finance and Admin Officer
Under the supervision of the Finance and Admin Officer, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and reception services for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead arrangement and organization of office.
• Maintain an up to date staff roster with telephone numbers and emails.
• Maintain an up-to-date record of employee vacation and sick leave use and balances.
• Manage and document correspondences with the local Stakeholders including Provincial Ministries, District offices, Municipality, Development partners and other as appropriate.
• Providing logistical support for workshops and meetings.
• Assisting the Finance Admin officer to collect quotations and preparing bid comparison.
• Ensuring that all project assets are safeguarded and used properly.
• Assist F&A officer in recording of asset and its management.
• Fleet Management and travel arrangements.
• Manage telephone operations and communications.
• Serve as receptionist.
• Handle petty-cash.
• Purchase, store and distribute office supplies.
• Ensure timely settlement of office utilities bills.
• Performing other similar duties as directed by the Finance and Admin Officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Science, or other relevant field.
• At least 2+ years of relevant professional experience in office administration.
• Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word and Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
• Respectful and tolerant; able to work well in a diverse team
• Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
• Preference will be given to localite or individual previously worked in same job location.
• Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
• Experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience is preferred.
Last date to apply: 23 September 2018