Company: Himalayan Encounters
Himalayan Encounters is the Nepal based operator for PEAK DMC (part of the Intrepid Group) – an international Destination Management Company providing travel, tour and trek services to businesses across the globe. We also operate our own direct to consumer business under our own Himalayan Encounters brand. The Intrepid Group is the largest Adventure Travel Company in the world with over 100,000 passengers enjoying travel experiences in over 110 countries worldwide.
Job Title: Reservation Team Leader
Position Level: Managerial
Reporting to: General Manager
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
PEAK DMC is a global leader in providing a rich diversity of destination experiences to a wide customer group. Our goal is to build trusting customer relationships to secure repeat business for the local DMC and within our global network of DMCs. The Reservations team contributes to this success by providing quick and accurate bookings, confirmations and suitable alternatives to all accepted quotes for DMC clients. The team also completes reservations work for all Intrepid Group brands.
With the guidance, tools and materials provided by the DMC Global team, this role will provide leadership to the team and deliver service-level excellence for PEAK DMC. The Team Leader is responsible for the team achieving fast turn-around times and accurate bookings and confirmations.
The Team Leader will work with external booking systems and procedures, Travel Studio and other internal systems to manage the booking and confirmation with suppliers of all accommodation, transportation and required activities on trips in the region. This will include IG product as well as external group series and FIT trips as scheduled.
This role will complete bookings and provide confirmations to the Sales teams for external clients. Where a booking is not able to be made or there is a costing issue, the Leader will provide accurate feedback and alternatives where appropriate to ensure that customer service levels are maintained. The Leader will also work to improve reservations processes and, along with the other managers in the DMC team, will contribute to providing excellence in customer service.
Qualification and Experience:
• Previous supervisory experience, including leading a team through coaching, training & developing
• Strong destination/regional and local travel knowledge
• An understanding of and a passion for various styles of travel, including our different brands.
• Experience with a reservations system
• Experience with ticketing and other reservations processes
• Strong written and spoken communicate skills in local language and English.
• Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload
• Able to relax and have fun at work with the team and still meet objectives
Other skills and attributes :
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrating high standards of customer service
• Confident and professional communication skills
• Can work independently and with a team
• Friendly and flexible
Last date to apply: 17 September 2018