Company: Build up Nepal
Build up Nepal is dedicated to rebuilding and fighting poverty in rural villages. We were founded by a group of organizations and professionals with long experience in engineering, social business, management and rural development.
Build up Nepal works as an implementation partner for organisations that wants to rebuild and develop their villages, but do not have the construction and rebuilding expertise. We also run our own projects in different villages where we have been active from before.
We love to collaborate with others share our ideas and learn new things.
Position Title: Civil Sub-Engineers
No. of Vacancy: 2
Education Level: Intermediate
Experience Required: More than 3 years
Build up Nepal is looking for Civil Sub-engineers to join our team!
We are working with reconstruction and construction in rural areas of Nepal to introduce interlocking bricks (CSEB) as a new efficient and low-cost construction technology.
As part of the Build up Nepal team you will be working with reconstruction in rural areas by finding and supporting local entrepreneurs to take lead in rebuilding their own villages.
Read more about our work on our website: www.buildupnepal.com
Your job will be to to manage the construction on site, ensure that work is proceeding smoothly and that the drawings are followed. We are looking for a person with solid previous construction experience in rural areas.
The work will be 80-90% on site in different villages and only few days per month in Kathmandu. Your job will be to supervise and also train the locals in earthquake resistant construction with this technology.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Train local builders and masons how to build with Interlocking Bricks
• Oversee the construction on site (mostly in earthquake hit districts)
• Ensure quality of construction
• Manage labor, maintain labour sheets
• Ensure drawings are followed
• Deal with practical problems on site
• Quality check
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum 3 years working experience
• Solid experience in masonry & RCC construction of buildings
• Experience working in rural areas of Nepal
• Experience managing labour
• Training experience
• A strong desire to work to rebuild Nepal!
“Join our team and be a part to of rebuilding Nepal.”
Last date to apply: Sep. 17, 2018