Organization: Raleigh International Nepal
Raleigh International Nepal (RIN) is a sustainable development charity. We harness the passion and energy of young people to effect positive change in sustainable development. Our programmes focus on providing access to safe water and sanitation, protecting vulnerable environments and building resilient communities.
Our work is delivered through young people and is collaboration between local communities, partners and volunteers form a wide range of backgrounds, nationalities and life stages. We operate in partnership with communities, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and governments in Borneo, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Tanzania. Since our foundation as a charity in 1984, Raleigh alumni have become a global community of more than 40,000 people committed to building a sustainable future. We are implementing our new Country Strategy 2017-2020 with thematic focus on access to safe water and sanitation, effective natural resource management, building community resilience and youth leadership culture.
Position Title: Communication Officer
Responsible to: Country Operations Manager (COM)
Salary: As per RIN Policy
Location: Kathmandu with travel to project areas
Nature: Post is fixed term contractual in nature (inclusive of 3 months probationary period)
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Communications Officer takes lead to develop and institute a documentation and communication system and act as a focal person for programme / projects and operations related documentation and communication materials, content management and products development for internal and external purpose. This role is an excellent opportunity for further sharpening and diversifying the existing skills, competencies and experience in communications and knowledge management for sharing and learning across RI.
• Passionate about Raleigh International’s vision, mission values and Strategic Objectives and Credo of Raleigh Nepal
• Passionate about working with young people and volunteerism
• Proven experience of working in a team and being a Team player
• Demonstrable evidences of a clear understanding and competencies on handling of print, digital, social media outlets including web platforms
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and documentation including infographics skills
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
• Demonstrable competencies of fluent communication both in writing and verbal in English and Nepali
• Demonstrated higher degree of competencies on handling and management of Information Technology including Microsoft package, web-based platforms, social media, infographics, other relevant applications
• Ability of proactively taking initiatives, assuming multitasking and working and delivering under pressure to meet the deadlines
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Enthusiastic and energetic personality with “Yes, We Can” attitude
• Flexible to attend evening, overnight, or weekend activities as required
• Experience of working with young people
• Experience of working in a Cross-cultural environment
• Demonstrated interest in charity, volunteering and sustainable development work
• Experience of working in marketing and fundraising
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism and/or mass communication
• Two year’s work experience in the similar field.
• The holiday entitlement for full-time staff is 25 working days per year, plus 13 public holidays. The salary and other benefits will be pay as per RIN Personnel Regulation
Last date to apply: 14th September 2018
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants applying for the various position should mention the Job Title in their motivational letter including CV (max 4 pages) should be sent by 14th September 2018 via mail to [email protected] / [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Trying to influence the recruitment process at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification
RIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case, All applications will be treated with highest confidentiality
For more Job Description/ TOR, please Click here