Programme Assistant GS-6, Temporary Appointment (valid till 15 November 2019) Kathmandu, Nepal (Nepalese National Only)
Job no: 515615
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Department/Office: Kathmandu, Nepal
Categories: Emergency Programme, Consultancy
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief DRR and Emergency, the program associate supports the respective section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
• Support to programme development, planning and execution
• Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
• Support in resource mobilization
• Support in knowledge management and capacity building
Support to programme development, planning and execution
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
• Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, and proposals on implementation arrangements.
• Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
• Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
• Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
• Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
Support in resource mobilization
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
• Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
Support in knowledge management and capacity building
• Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building
• Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to programme processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
• Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
• A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
• Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Working with People
• Drive for Results
• Applying technical expertise
• Planning and Organizing
• Following Instructions and Procedures
• Following Instructions and Procedures
Last date to apply: Sep 03 2018