Organization: Sakchyam Access to Finance
The Sakchyam Access to Finance for the Poor Programme (Sakchyam) is an initiative funded by UKaid as part of an agreement between the Governments of Nepal and the UK. It is implemented by Louis Berger for the Department for International Development (DFID Nepal) in partnership with local and international institutions. Sakchyam is working with the public and private sectors to leverage access and facilitate financial sector development in Nepal for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and for poor people with a focus on Karnali Province, Province No. 5 & 7, and beyond.
To do so, the programme focuses on three main outputs:
1. Improved SME Finance as banks and other financial institutions provide more and better products and services to these enterprises.
2. Strengthened capacity of microfinance financial institutions (MFIs) as well as other formal and semi-formal financial institutions, to provide services in selected districts
3. Improved financial capability of enterprises and households in priority districts
It has also established the Sakchyam Challenge Fund that attracts and leverages private sector proposals that encourage innovative, new products and services aimed at poor people and communities, which deliver socio-economic benefits to a large number of poor people, but are still commercially-sustainable.
The Programme, now is looking to fill following positions:
Field Coordinator – SME Finance
Duty Location: Kathmandu (With frequent field visits)
Expected Start Date: September 2018
The position holder will work as integral part of SME Finance Team in achieving overarching objectives of UKaid Sakchyam Access to Finance Programme. SME Finance Team is responsible for developing and implementing partnership projects with select Banks & Financial Institutions. As a member of technical team, the incumbent will work closely with Bank Partnership Advisors and with Leads and members of other components of the Programme including Financial Inclusion, Financial Capability Strengthening and others.
Following are the main duties to be performed under this position:
• Support SME Finance Team to ensure timely delivery of existing partnership projects and related activities
• Carryout on- site and off -site monitoring of partnerships
• Follow up with partners to ensure they submit required reports / updates on time
• Assist SME Finance Component to:
– Explore and develop new partnership with potential Financial Institutions, Anchor Firms, Fintech Companies and others
– Undertake scoping study/research for new financial products and services
– Support in completing monthly and other project deliverable
– Undertake any other project activities assigned by the respective line manager/s
• Candidates will report to the SME Financing Lead
Minimum Qualifications and Experiences:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• 3 years of working experience in financial service sector/ relevant donor funded programmes
• Preferred experience in rural regions of Nepal
• Excellent communication skills in English and Nepali, both in writing and speaking
• Ability to work in tight deadlines
• Nepalese national, able to live and travel throughout Nepal
Last date to apply: September 5, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to the right candidates for the above-mentioned position. Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae with a cover letter stating the motivation for applying and salary expectation at [email protected]. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. The deadline for receipt of applications is 5 PM Nepal local time, September 5, 2018.