Organization: VSO Nepal
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Position Title: Project Coordinator – Disability & Education (ENGAGE) [Re-advertisement]
Technical lead ENGAGE project interventions with focus on girls with disabilities and assure the accomplishment of project outcomes of VSO Nepal (led consortium)
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in education; Special Need Education, inclusive Education; Gender studies or social science with at least 3 years of experience working with disability education. Higher degrees with relevant experiences will get priority
• Proven experience of education projects and experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving, responding to opportunities and challenges, and the ability to translate ideas into practical action
• Practical experience of applying development issues at a project or schools/communities and education management level. Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of development issues particularly education.
• Training facilitating skills, and skills on technical assessments and research.
• Proven experience communicating with donors and report writing.
• Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for Programme management.
• Proven experiences working in diverse, multicultural team.
• Fluent in English and Nepali language (writing and speaking)
• IT (MS office) proficiency
• Able to frequently travel
• Experience of managing multiple implementing partners.
• Experience in girls education
• Experience working with volunteers
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce
This is re-advert, previous applicant are not required to apply
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further recruitment process
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Last date to apply: 11th September 2018