Organization: Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share. Save the Children invites applications from interested and eligible candidates (Nepali Citizens only) who are reliable, accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who value diversity for the following position for its programs:
LOCATION: Western Field Office, Butwal
CONTRACT LENGTH: One year
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The purpose of this position is to perform all secretarial services including receive telephone calls politely, professionally, taking message to concerned staff accurately and immediately, correspond incoming and outgoing letters as well vehicle, logistic and inventory management in WFO. He/she is responsible for daily administrative task as well store management, archive management and update with relevant documents, booking air tickets and support to logistics and procurement unit in close coordination with LPC. He/she also responsible to forward payment process of vendors to Finance unit, update staff personnel files and leave records.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Receive and answer all the telephone call politely and professionally including taking messages and forwarding it to the concerned staff members accurately and immediately.
• Contact outside number for other staff on their request. Arrange appointment with government, NGOs, INGOs, staff as requested
• Manage the front desk by providing friendly, polite and efficient interface between the agency and the visitors.
• Responsible for maintenance of telephone, intercom system and refer any major problem to Logistics and Procurement Coordinator.
• Maintain outgoing and incoming letter reference number registers and filing as instructed.
• Responsible for documenting all day to day incoming and out-going documents
• Manage and update archive with all relevant documentation
• Perform all day to day administration related task and support to LPC
• Provide secretarial support to the staff members when required.
• Maintain Petty Cash and keep proper record of expenses and reemberse timely
• Maintain and update staffs personnel files as per HR checklist
• Manage air ticketing, faciliatate, follow up for invoice and payment process
• Initiate payment process in due time and forward all bills and invoices to finance after completion of necessary procedure.
• Document and filing of related documents: agreements, reports, partner informations, publications and others.
• Provide assitiance support to Logistics and Procurement Unit as and when require.
• Carry out assigned tasks related to the operation department.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
• Intermediate level (10+2); Bachelors degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Essential: Total work experience 2-4 years; and similar or related field 2 years
Last date to apply: 1 September 2018