Monitoring, Communications and Reporting Officer – Open to Nepalese nationals only. Level SB 4 Peg 1
Location : Kathmandu, NEPAL
Additional Category : Climate & Disaster Resilience
Type of Contract : Other
Post Level : Other
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : One Year
The current phase of Nepal Climate Change Support Programme will come to an end on 30 Sept 2018. DFID and GoN have jointly agreed to continue implementation of NCCSP as a transition project using climate resilient development (CRDP) approaches in 14 Palikas (one in each of 14 NCCSP districts) during FY 2018/2019 directly through UNDP. The focus of transition programme under next one year will be in implementing priority climate resilient development sub-projects identified by each of 14 Palikas in their Plan, capacity development, helping them to embed climate resilience into their development plans for the next fiscal year as well as document learnings of the project implementation under federal set up for future upscaling. UNDP will manage both TA and capital fund for the period 2018/19.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Take lead in developing and/or augmenting comprehensive M & E framework for the project consistent with the UNDP, GoN and Partners requirements and Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) policies.
2. Establish baseline data using MIS and other sources and ensure timely monitoring and assessment of field progress.
3. Develop /improve monitoring results framework/template to capture both the project activities as well as the financial information.
4. Prepare a monthly updates, detailed quarterly/annual progress report, analytical report etc. as required.
5. Track project’s progress/milestones, document learnings of project implementation through regular monitoring visits, review of reports.
6. Maintain necessary coordination with all stakeholders for data, information, and studies/evaluation as required.
7. Develop, implement and monitor a project communication and visibility plan.
The key Responsibilities of the assignment are:
• Track progress, milestones
• Prepare regular progress reports
• Document learnings of project implementation
• Analysis of data from GESI perspective and suggest strategies to ensure project benefit reaches to climate vulnerable people including women.
• Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
• Serves and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
• Good inter-personal skills;
• Clear and upfront communication skills;
• Treats all people fairly without favoritism
• Display cultural and gender sensitivity and adaptability;
• Collaborates effectively in a team environment;
• Organized and good with following-up on pending issues; meets deadlines
• Promote learning and knowledge management/sharing;
• Focused on delivering results by taking calculated-risks and problem solving approach;
• Fair and transparent decision making; regularly shares information with team members;
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development
• Demonstrate ability to identify and anticipate bottlenecks, as well as seek guidance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, confidentiality concerning financial and employee files; (for admin and finance, project management positions)
• Ability to organize and complete assignments within deadlines.
• Integrity and impartiality, ability to work with external partners e.g. supplier, vendors, service providers;
• Ability to convey difficult issues and positions to senior officials proactively seek guidance and make clear recommendations to line managers.
• Dynamic and results-oriented
• Strong verbal and written skills; ability to draft short memos and conduct presentations.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities; can multi task
• Willing to work long hours
• Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
• Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
• Effectively networks with partners seizing opportunities to build strategic alliances relevant to UNDP’s mandate and strategic agenda
• Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
• Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
• Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
• Oversees and documents the process of strategy formulation for programmes at Project level
Required Skills and Experience
• Completion of Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Management, Information and Communication, Social Sciences, International Development or Public Administration or any other relevant subject..
• 3 years for Master’s degree and 7 years for Bachelor’s degree of relevant work experiences in monitoring, evaluation, reporting in a governmental, bilateral or multilateral organization.
• Demonstrated professional expertise in report writing, communication skills
• Experience in data analysis, management and presentation.
• Proven experience in networking, partnership and shared learning.
• Strong written and spoken English languages.
• Excellent knowledge of and experience with RBM methodologies and tools (project and programme management, design, monitoring and evaluation) and report writing.
• Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, database, PowerPoint etc.)
• Knowledge of climate change isues is desired.
Last date to apply: 3 September 2018