Ncell is a part of Axiata Group Berhad, one of Asia’s leading telecommunication groups.
At Ncell, we care about our people and their development. Here you will find opportunities for continued education and training. We are working on the process and strategies to empower our people through leadership programs. At Ncell, we are committed to help our people learn, develop & enhance their functional skills, leadership capabilities & personal effectiveness. Our leadership development focuses developing leaders who think before they act and act according to the values that the organization embraces.
At Ncell, we lay much emphasis on our corporate values: Uncompromising Integrity, Exceptional Performance and Customer Loyalty. These values are the integral part of our business. We carry out our daily business by keeping these values in mind as we as an organisation strongly stand for it.
Applicants must have the highest ethical standards, strong leadership skills, excellent judgement, a sense of personal initiative and problem solving abilities.
Ncell offers competitive package that is designed to make you feel an integral part of the team and directly involved in the company’s success.
Position Title: Section Manager – Regulatory & Corporate Services
No. of Vacancy: 1
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Education Level: Master
Experience Required: More than 15 years
Your Qualification and Experience:
• Any relevant Degree or an MBA from a reputed University / Higher Academic Institution
• At least 15+ years of working experience (with at least 8 years in management level) in the telecommunication sector
• Candidates with experience in diverse multinational telecom regulatory environment preferred
• Strong leadership with diligent sight on operational management matters
• Negotiation and consensus building skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Knowledge of regulatory regime in South Asia region, international best practices and how it can be customized and applied in Nepal
• Capacity to perform industry research for specific regulatory issues
• Excellent analytical capabilities and discipline on processes
• Excellent communications and writing skills
• Prompt, courteous, confident, self-motivated, and collaborative
• Strong people and team management skills
• Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the business, government and international organizations
Duty Station: Current requirement is in Kathmandu but it can be anywhere in Nepal as per business needs and future requirements.
Regulatory Affairs: Position company for maximizing profitable growth through strategic planning of all Regulatory matters. Manage all technical research, strategic positioning, impact assessment of regulations including but not limited to the review of the Act, renewal fees, spectrum management, licensing, access and interconnection, competition, Digital Nepal / Economy and stakeholder engagement, in view of reducing uncertainly in the regulatory environment in which Ncell operates.
Compliance: Conceptualize the framework and oversee its implementation to ensure regulatory compliance activities within the company and lead to avoid any penalty or violation of the License Conditions by ensuring continuous proactive management of regulatory risks and compliance matters.
Government Liaison: As a custodian of external affairs, maintain the relationship with Government agencies, authorities as well as business association and International Organizations to strengthen business relation, leading to strong support for Ncell to conduct its commercial activities.
Main Responsibility Areas:
• Assess, update and manage all regulatory risks and prepare thorough analysis to ensure effective discussion and decision-making at Management / Board level
• Drive the conceptualization, formulation, execution and timely review of Ncell’s regulatory strategy
• Prepare and articulate submission of strategic papers on the introduction of new regulatory policies, rules and regulations that have an impact on the company/ industry and socialize the proposal with external stakeholders in the area of, but not limited to, review of the Act, renewal fees, Digital Nepal / Digital Economy, spectrum management, competition and interconnection
• Prepare timely update/report to the Management, Board and Shareholders as and when required
• Manage department budget to ensure its effective and efficient utilization
• Manage and motivate staff to ensure the highest level of performance at all times
• Ensure the effectiveness of regulatory compliance policies
• Promote Regulatory Compliance awareness amongst the internal stakeholders and to ensure processes and procedures are reviewed and updated accordingly as business evolved
• Highlight compliance issues under different laws, regulations, directives etc., and its potential safeguards to Management and Board on timely basis
• Conduct compliance Audit to check and monitor the compliance status
• Ensure contribution to the National Security through LIC (Lawful Interception Committee) support
• Negotiate with the regulators and submit paper on consultation regarding implementation of new rules, regulations, directives etc
• Build high level relationship with government/ external stakeholders and sustain the engagement
• Drive concrete partnership programs with other advocacy groups or international organizations such as, but not limited to, UNDP, reputable NGOs, consulting firms, GSMA, WEF, World Bank, etc. in driving Digital Nepal initiative
Last date to apply: 28th August 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage experienced candidates having above mentioned competencies who can encourage and foster collaboration across functions, level, and borders to apply and be a part of the Ncell winning Team sending an email with cover letter and resume to [email protected] no later than 28th August 2018.
Note: merojob on behalf of Ncell will carefully assess your qualifications for the position you applied with regards to job requirements. In case of not meeting the job requirements entirely, you will be notified accordingly at any stage of the recruitment process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to disquali¬fication of the candidate for this vacancy and any future recruitment process.
This job announcement was published in Himalayan Times on 22 August 2018